The Foundation has three grant programs and the guidelines addressed on this page are for the Responsive Grant Program ONLY. If you are invited to apply to one of our other grant programs, additional information will be provided to you at that time.
The Responsive Grants program has an online application process. Proposals sent by mail or fax will not be accepted. Late applications will not be considered, funding decisions cannot be expedited and all decisions are final. The Responsive Grant program has a highly competitive application process with only 33% of all applications receiving some level of funding. A decline should not be considered a reflection of the quality of your project or the worthiness of the organization.
The Foundation will only accept one Responsive Grant application per organization, per year. The exception to this rule is school districts. The Foundation will accept multiple applications per school district however, only one application per individual school will be accepted each year in the Responsive Grant program.
Applications will only be considered from qualified nonprofit organizations who have received tax-exempt status from the IRS either by way of a tax determination letter or by state statute. No grants to individuals will be made.
The Foundation will only consider grant applications from organizations whose programs/projects directly benefit the residents of the following two geographic focus areas:
- State of Jefferson: Jackson, Josephine, Curry, Coos and Klamath Counties, Oregon; Del Norte, Modoc and Siskiyou Counties, California
- Frontier Country: Lake and Harney Counties, Oregon
Primary Areas of Interest
Mr. Dubs was a Southern Oregon native who lived his life exploring and hunting in the wilderness areas that surrounded him. The most competitive applications have a strong focus on supporting upstream interventions and barrier removal for youth and veterans. High priority will be given to program that:
- Increase the love of the American people for wilderness areas and assist in their correct use.
- Promote good sportsmanship in the legal hunting of game animals.
- Promote good mental, moral and physical health of young people.
Types of Grant Support Awarded
The Foundation will accept grant applications requesting general operating support, special project support, capital campaigns, and multi-year requests.
The Foundation has a minimum request amount of $1,000 and no maximum limit. The average grant size is $13,500.
- To complete an application, you will need to register for an online account, located on the application tab of this website. Once your registration is complete, you can apply any time during the three month window of opportunity. Your information will be stored in the system; you can log in by entering your email address and password.
- You do not need to complete the application in one sitting. You may answer some of the questions, save your work, close out of the system and return at another time.
- The following material will be required in order to submit your application:
- Profit & Loss Statement and Balance Sheet from last completed fiscal year
- Current detailed agency budget reflecting income sources and expenditures
- One page project budget showing projected income sources and expenditures
- List of board members with their affiliations and phone numbers
- Copy of 501(C)3 tax exemption letter from the IRS
- The Foundation will acknowledge each application received.
- During the grant proposal review process, Foundation staff or volunteers may contact your organization or persons who have knowledge of your organization for additional information, if such contact is felt to be necessary and helpful when reviewing your proposal.
- When grant decisions are made, all applicants will be advised as to the outcome of their grant request. All decisions are final.
- Grantees will be required to submit a final year-end report (unless otherwise specified) on grant activities and expenditures at the end of the grant period. This report will be online and assigned as a “follow up” in the grant management system.
- We print all of the applications in black and white, please don’t use color columns in your budget documents as they don’t copy well.
- Please don’t upload your complete audit in place of each financial question. It is very helpful to us when printing and copying your application to only have the materials requested in the respective upload fields.
- Please only upload documents that are printed on letter size paper.
- We value the non-profit organizations, volunteers and grant writing professionals who come to us requesting support. We want you to be successful. If at any point you find yourself struggling with the grant management system, please call or email; we are happy to help! (firstname.lastname@example.org)